Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » unreadable captcha
unreadable captcha [message #641200] Tue, 11 August 2015 16:58 Go to next message
fplatel
Hello
I just have registered and I would like to say that your captcha is very very very annoying : I had to make 7 tries before I had finally one picture with readable letters, my answer was always rejected as invalid. I know that you have to fight spammers, but at least put letters that are identifiable by humans, or use another more clever captcha system.
Thanks
Fabrice
Re: unreadable captcha [message #641223 is a reply to message #641200] Wed, 12 August 2015 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Thanks for you feedback.
We have 10 to 20 new members each day (including spammers Sad ) and you are the first one to mention this.
Maybe you were not lucky, I just tried 20 times and found no unreadable image.
Did you see the message "There is no zero or one in the image"?

Regards
Michel
Re: unreadable captcha [message #641224 is a reply to message #641200] Wed, 12 August 2015 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
I tried a couple of times refreshing the page to see various captchas, most of them are very clear with plain letters, the only one which is comparatively a bit difficult is the one which is zig-zag and not plain letters.

But you had to try 7 times Shocked
Re: unreadable captcha [message #641225 is a reply to message #641223] Wed, 12 August 2015 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fplatel
Dear Michel
thanks for your answer, by ubreadable, I mean that although I thought having typed the right characteres, my answer was always incorrect,
yes I have seen the message about zero and one , so I concluded that when I see something looking like a zero it is a "o" and when it looks like a "1", it is probably a small "L".
Is the captcha case sensitive ?

see the sample I just tried :
/forum/fa/12787/0/
I read it as OOBQ (as you say there are no zero, the two big rectangles are probably two O), but it is not accepted.

• Attachment: Image1.png
    (Size: 24.00KB, Downloaded 4465 times)
Re: unreadable captcha [message #641226 is a reply to message #641225] Wed, 12 August 2015 01:32 Go to previous message
fplatel
in fact for the first seven tries to submit the form, the captcha was composed of zigzag letters, it is only at the tentative eight that it finally gave me normal letters and I was able to guess correctly the letters.
Previous Topic: Smartphone
Next Topic: Moderator options missing in "Primavera PPM & EPPM" forum
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 18 23:46:36 CDT 2024