Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » Unable to post from smartphone (Android, chrome browser)
Unable to post from smartphone [message #639577] Fri, 10 July 2015 08:43 Go to next message
Lalit Kumar B
It's been a week that I am not able to post anything from my smartphone. I can't edit my own posts, not even send any PM. The browser progress bar gets stuck and after a while it redirects to a error page to contact the webmaster.

I seldom use my smartphone to browse the forum updates, and if it is one or two lines to be posted, I don't mind posting from smartphone. Most of the times I use my laptop.

I tried installing other browsers, but result is same. Is anybody facing such issue?

Regards,
Lalit
Re: Unable to post from smartphone [message #639587 is a reply to message #639577] Fri, 10 July 2015 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This is a quick reply written on Android 4.4 & Mozilla Firefox browser.
Re: Unable to post from smartphone [message #639592 is a reply to message #639587] Sat, 11 July 2015 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
Ok, trying quick reply.
Re: Unable to post from smartphone [message #639594 is a reply to message #639587] Sat, 11 July 2015 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
Thanks LF.

So, I could make the above post from my smartphone using quick reply, but I couldn't make any other post after that. I tried to reply to your message, edit my message, add another quick reply. Nothing works. After a while, I get "system error please contact the webmaster". I am posting now from my desktop. I think it is an issue with my smartphone. As I installed Mozilla Firefox and UC browser, but no luck.

I am using Android 4.4.
Re: Unable to post from smartphone [message #639595 is a reply to message #639594] Sat, 11 July 2015 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

The real question is why do you need to post something from your smartphone? Do you think there is so urgent question that it can't wait you are in from of your laptop and that no one else but you can answer and that your answer does not need any think time, verification or test?
Or do you just suffer from compulsive posting disorder which may be a valid answer? Smile

[Updated on: Sat, 11 July 2015 02:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Unable to post from smartphone [message #639598 is a reply to message #639595] Sat, 11 July 2015 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
Michel Cadot wrote on Sat, 11 July 2015 13:04

Or do you just suffer from compulsive posting disorder which may be a valid answer? Smile

That doesn't answer my question, and doesn't help in anyway.

And I don't think I am the only one who uses a smartphone. And more importantly, as I said, I use it seldom to browse the forum, and post a message only if it is a simple one liner message.

For heaven's sake, come out of your prejudice.
Re: Unable to post from smartphone [message #639601 is a reply to message #639598] Sat, 11 July 2015 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Quote:
That doesn't answer my question, and doesn't help in anyway.

This was obviously not the purpose which was to emphasize that most answers you sent from your smartphone (I hope they were from it otherwise it is desperate) were really bad.

I remember one of them which was something like "I have an answer but I am on my smartphone and can't verify it but I will verify and post it later" (in short, as I answered you, "I have nothing to say but I will tell it anyway" which you answered I was/am insane... just to prevent you from replying the same thing Laughing ).

I wonder who, apart from you, is browsing the forum from its smartphone and absolutely wants to answer.
In addition, you said your problem is editing your post which means it was not correct... of course if it was posted from your smartphone.
Just an advice, take a breath before answer and wait you are in urgent situation to post.

Note: I remark you didn't answer my questions. Good hits?

Re: Unable to post from smartphone [message #678541 is a reply to message #639577] Wed, 11 December 2019 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anum
Hi,
First of all I am sorry I am hijacking one's topic but i am unable to post and create new topic using my Home Page. New Topic button is invisible in my Home window. Anyone can tell me what actually the reason is. Thanks
Re: Unable to post from smartphone [message #678542 is a reply to message #678541] Thu, 12 December 2019 00:35 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

Do you mean Home page of OraFAQ forum page?
If so you must click on a specific forum to create a new topic.

Previous Topic: Typo
Next Topic: I'm being logged out of OraFAQ Forum
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:40:31 CDT 2024