Home » Other » Training & Certification » The Best Oracle Practice Tests Available
The Best Oracle Practice Tests Available [message #632714] Wed, 04 February 2015 17:20 Go to next message
matthewmorris68

With a post title like that, I could just put in some details about where to get more information about the tests and then sit back and wait for Michel to feed me a straight line of 'Define best'. Instead, I'll spend much of this post explaining why I think the adjective is deserved... and then put in some details about where to get more information.

Best Price -- I'm reasonably certain that you won't find anywhere else that you can get a legitimate practice exam for this price. I don't count brain dumps. Even then, all of the dump sites I've seen charge more for their stolen property than I do for original content.

Best Value -- Admittedly this is my opinion. However, the closest competitor in price is Self Test Software at $69 for 30-day access to a single self test. At $19.50 for the first take and $15.00 for retakes, someone can take my exam four times and still pay less than that. Frankly, after having taken the same practice test four times... how much additional value are you going to get out of a fifth attempt? To my mind, 70-80% of the value of practice tests is garnered from the first attempt.

Best Model -- Again, this is my opinion. The overriding goal of certification is to learn. I have always hated the 'study mode' of practice exams because focusing on memorizing the answers to specific questions is completely contrary to that goal. As a DBA or developer, problems to be solved will not be presented to you as a series of multiple-choice questions. That said, I do agree that it is very often difficult to feel confident that you have prepared sufficiently to schedule the exam. I've designed my practice tests to help candidates determine if they are ready for that step and to help them locate any weaknesses where they need further preparation.

Talk is cheap, though and Michel is a born skeptic. I'll go one further. I will give a voucher for any of the OraFAQ moderators who are interested to take one of the exams for free. Any of the mods -- let me if you are interested and I'll get it to you.

For everyone else, you can get more information and an introductory voucher for $5 off of an exam here:

https://www.linkedin.com/company/oracle-certification-prep

The tests themselves are available from the 'Practice Test' page on my website:

http://www.oraclecertificationprep.com/apex/f?p=OCPSG:Practice_Tests:0::NO::::
Re: The Best Oracle Practice Tests Available [message #632734 is a reply to message #632714] Thu, 05 February 2015 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

I have nothing to say but I hope all these "Best Institutes" will take this post as a model for them. Smile

Re: The Best Oracle Practice Tests Available [message #641928 is a reply to message #632714] Thu, 27 August 2015 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jaramill
As a recent test taker of Matthew's practice exams, I can say that they definitely worked as designed. Meaning the 1st time taking it, I failed (at only $15) and provided the gap analysis that showed me my weak points to study on. On the 2nd retake I passed. This gave me more confidence in taking the real exam (which in this case was the OCA 11g PL/SQL Developer 1Z0-144). And his practice exam was SPOT-ON to my real one in terms of my score. The percentage of questions I got right on the 2nd try, was a close match to my real exam percentage.

And you get a discount on the retake for Matthew's exam. Definitely a best bang for your buck.

My advice is wait til the very end before taking his exam, and if you fail and have gaps to fill then study, then retake it and once you feel comfortable, then schedule your real exam with Oracle.

[Updated on: Fri, 28 August 2015 12:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: The Best Oracle Practice Tests Available [message #645124 is a reply to message #641928] Fri, 27 November 2015 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnsmith007
This is good that practice tests is garnered from the first attempt.
Re: The Best Oracle Practice Tests Available [message #645152 is a reply to message #645124] Fri, 27 November 2015 10:51 Go to previous message
matthewmorris68

Quote:
This is good that practice tests is garnered from the first attempt.

I think that is word-for-word the message I got in my fortune cookie last week.
Previous Topic: Oracle SQL Performance Tuning and Optimization: It's all about the Cardinalities
Next Topic: Technical workflow Training
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:54:57 CDT 2024