Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » Whats up with search functionality?
Whats up with search functionality? [message #621811] Mon, 18 August 2014 10:21 Go to next message
Lalit Kumar B
Hello Frank/moderators,

The search functionality doesn't return the topics/threads which have the keyword and the username. Also, not all the messages are returned. I know it is kind of context search, and not that in Oracle. I never get the required messages. Is there anything which I am unaware.

For example, if I want to search for the topic/message where I posted a word "break", so I put the keyword " break" along with my username, but I don't see any result. However, I expect an output based on the search field attributes.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Lalit
Re: Whats up with search functionality? [message #621829 is a reply to message #621811] Mon, 18 August 2014 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
That happens to me, sometimes. I *know* what I'm searching for, but the Search engine doesn't return it.

Try Google instead; it might help.
Re: Whats up with search functionality? [message #621840 is a reply to message #621829] Tue, 19 August 2014 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
It looks to me like it doesn't return any results for anything if you try to add filtering by user.
Re: Whats up with search functionality? [message #621857 is a reply to message #621840] Tue, 19 August 2014 03:41 Go to previous message
Lalit Kumar B
Well, filtering by user works for me. But, just that the search results are not what I was looking for. Not all results are shown, at least not the one I was searching for Sad
Previous Topic: DB-Pub.com, a replica of OraFAQ? Is it legal or plagiarised?
Next Topic: A plea for some sanity
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 01:30:59 CDT 2024