Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » Hit count statistics
Hit count statistics [message #616947] Mon, 23 June 2014 10:07 Go to next message
John Watson
I have my little blog hosted here, http://orafaq.com/blog/17574 and it is scraped to the company site here, John Watson's blog Is it possible to get figures for the number of hits an OraFAQ blog gets? It has been suggested that I should move the blog to somewhere other than OraFAQ in an attempt to get more hits. This is all about marketing, of course: trying to get some search engine optimization.
Re: Hit count statistics [message #616956 is a reply to message #616947] Mon, 23 June 2014 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
John, we've stopped tracking hits a long time ago. Will see if it can be enabled again. That said, you will probably do better if you can secure a spot on blogs.oracle.com!

Best regards.
Frank
Re: Hit count statistics [message #616958 is a reply to message #616947] Mon, 23 June 2014 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
John,

I don't have anything for marketing your OraFAQ blog, however, I made sure to keep it in my latest post about Good Oracle technical blogs in General forum. Also, I will include it in blog roll in my personal blog homepage.

Also, I hope sooner or later I will try my level best to have my own blog posts in Oracle blog. I have to wait for couple of days more to actually understand the criteria and eligiibility, yet to join Oracle corp. But, take my word, I will definitely keep a blog roll there too! I always follow your blog posts and I keep a note of it and bookmark it.

Regards,
Lalit
Re: Hit count statistics [message #616973 is a reply to message #616956] Mon, 23 June 2014 13:18 Go to previous message
John Watson
Thanks, Frank - if it is possible to get any figures, they might (depending on what they are, of course) give me the justification I need to present for me to stay here. Which I would like to do - I have had interesting feedback. And also, I have learnt a lot from other OraFAQ hosted blogs. I wish more people would do it.

I suspect that the blogs.oracle.com site has little value for any sort of web presence. You can't even do a search without logging on, which must cause problems for the indexing web crawlers. But, Lalit, I'm sure your mention of me will not do any harm. Thank you.
Previous Topic: Mailing list URL in main OraFAQ site not working
Next Topic: Performance tuning sticky - small correction in note
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Mar 18 22:23:09 CDT 2024