Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » Mailing list URL in main OraFAQ site not working
Mailing list URL in main OraFAQ site not working [message #616925] Mon, 23 June 2014 03:52 Go to next message
Lalit Kumar B
/forum/fa/11977/0/

Perhaps it should redirect to http://www.orafaq.com/wiki/Mailing_lists.

Regards,
Lalit
Re: Mailing list URL in main OraFAQ site not working [message #616948 is a reply to message #616925] Mon, 23 June 2014 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lalit Kumar B
Guess mailing lists are not of much importance as we have contemporary technical discussion forums handling much heavy traffic. Though I find something good in few mailing lists.

I have had been spending sometime going through OraFAQ's entire site information available. Whenever I find something missing or odd, I keep a note of it to post it in suggestions and feedback forum. Recently I got to hear from my sub ordinates how much they depend on searching for an answer here. Earlier I used to think I am the only one from my organization to be a part of OraFAQ. But now I know some folks who frequently visit here. However, they are kind of selfish and never post anything, neither participate in discussions to help OP with a reply nor ask their queries. Instead they stick around and assume their own understanding and start implementing it in the application development. I found a trace of it while reviewing a developer's code, found something fishy and the answer was "Hey, I got it from OraFAQ". My immediate question was "Did you test on your own, if not then why do we have 3 development environments?". Huh, no amswer.

With more and more flexibility and exposure to web to get a shortcut answer to questions/doubts/queries, developers tend to spend less time in learning and testing. And jump into implementation of untested code. Getting a feeling of more responsibility now a days to make sure developers actually test the code before copy pasting. God knows how inventors handle utmost pressure.

P..S. Hope the suggestions to maintain this incredible site really helps all of us. And that it doesn't bother the admins/mods as a conflict of interest Smile
Re: Mailing list URL in main OraFAQ site not working [message #616950 is a reply to message #616925] Mon, 23 June 2014 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Fixed - thanks Lalit!
Re: Mailing list URL in main OraFAQ site not working [message #616952 is a reply to message #616950] Mon, 23 June 2014 10:50 Go to previous message
Lalit Kumar B
Thank you.
Previous Topic: Default signature : Is it only for Mod/Admin
Next Topic: Hit count statistics
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:42:03 CDT 2024