Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » DR activity (Oracle 11.2.0.3.0 , Linux)
DR activity [message #613581] Thu, 08 May 2014 04:36 Go to next message
suhasdba
Hi ,

There is a request from client to perform Disaster Recovery activity of recovering a application.I am new to Disaster Recovery activity and don't know what need to done from my side.I would like to grab this opportunity and make use of it and get this activity a successful one.So i need your help in performing this activity .

Could you guys suggest me how to start with this ?

Thanks,
Suhas

[Updated on: Thu, 08 May 2014 04:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: DR activity [message #613587 is a reply to message #613581] Thu, 08 May 2014 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

I suggest you to first search on Google to know what is the activity on your side (we don't know) during a DR.
It is not clear you have to know what to do in case of DR or what you have to prepare in case of a DR.

Re: DR activity [message #613589 is a reply to message #613587] Thu, 08 May 2014 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suhasdba
Michel,

I posted my question based on the request i received from my client.As i already mentioned that i am new to DR recover activity and
require experts assistance in performing it.

As per second line in your comment i assume that i need to ask those questions to my client as part of DR request.
I now understand what i need to ask in case of DR activity.I will ask those questions and revert back.

With Regards,
Suhas

[Updated on: Thu, 08 May 2014 07:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: DR activity [message #613599 is a reply to message #613581] Thu, 08 May 2014 07:20 Go to previous message
EdStevens
Well, first off you have to define the disaster.

Is it

- "someone" deleted all of the data files from one (of several) critical database.

- We lost power to the computer room

- An uncontrolled power surge killed the SAN.

- We had a fire in the computer room, partial loss

- The computer room, located in a basement, was totally flooded and now makes an interesting swimming pool

- Someone parked a truck bomb next to our building

- A storm caused loss of power to the entire city.

- An earthquake destroyed our building and all communications, both electronic and physical, into and out of the city.

your response to ANY DR situation depends on two things: the scope of the disaster and the remaining available resources.
Previous Topic: _FILE_SIZE_INCREASE_INCREMENT IN ORACLE 11.2.0.3.0
Next Topic: How to Upgrade 11g 11.2.0.1 to 11.2.0.3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:00:31 CDT 2024