Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Standby database-NOT SYNCH WITH PRIMARY even after standby rolling forward (Oracle 11.2.0.3.0, Windows server 2008)
Standby database-NOT SYNCH WITH PRIMARY even after standby rolling forward [message #629588] Thu, 11 December 2014 06:49 Go to previous message
aviana
Hi
On the primary&standby databases of a customer, I had this intitial problem to investigate-databases not on synch.
So initially the status on primary was showing an "unresolvable gap" as switchover status-[select database_role,switchover_status from v$database;]
Max(sequence#) considerably differed in both.There were several hundreds of archive log with applied "NO" on standby and some were missing so decided to do incremental backup from primary.
This was resolved by applying an incremental backup from primary(starting from the latest current scn of standby that time) and applied on standby.
This (standby roll forward)worked fine ..aftet the recovery,Max(sequence#) is same in both databases[select max(sequence#) from v$log_history;]also until all the latest archive logs shown as "applied"-[SELECT SEQUENCE#, APPLIED FROM V$ARCHIVED_LOG order by sequence# desc;]
But on the standby site, under flash recovery area\archiovelog location, all the archivelog files are getting stored(after I did the incremental backup).Using RMAN, delete expired doesnt delete them.If they all have been applied, why it doesnt get deleted.

[select thread#,max(sequence#) from v$archived_log
where applied = 'YES'
group by thread#]-SAME RESULT ON BOTH.
[select * from v$archive_gap;]-NO ROWS SELECTED

The v$managed_standby view shows that the MRP0 status is "WAIT_FOR_LOG"
Also, switchover_status on PRIMARY is shown as "Failed destination"
Standby DB now opened in read only mode.
This is surely not on sync because Current scns are also still different on each other (standby is 800 less than primary)

PLEASE guide me what all areas and queries I should check now and how to make in sync.
Cant figure out the actual problem(s) also.

Many thanks

[Updated on: Thu, 11 December 2014 06:57]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message